Saturday 7 January 2012

Will You Be Wearing This Summer?


If designer Genevieve Er’s latest collection is anything to go by - sheer floaty dresses, billowy wide legged pants, divine woven knits which sit alongside dramatic fringing, micro shorts and luxurious leather pieces – are the summer looks that will make our eyes pop, and our hearts thump!

Following the launch of her 2012 2ND Summer collection “Purple Rain”, we caught up with Genevieve and she let us in on the style trends to look out for this spring/summer!

How did you become a designer?
I always wanted to design so I got as much experience as I could working for different labels, when I started my own I was really lucky to get such an amazing response from my first season that it gave me the courage to continue to follow my dream.

What tips do you have for aspiring designers?
Get as much experience as you can, its definitely not all glamour so expect to work hard.

What will you be wearing this spring/summer?
Block colours and brights, light weight knits, animal print and coloured denim.

Whose style do you covet and why?
Victoria Beckham crossed with Alexa Chung.

What is the best piece of fashion advice you can give?
Know your body shape and try to incorporate the trends in styles that suit your body shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment